Watching the best golfers in the world is arguably the greatest pleasure on earth for golf enthusiasts, and newcomers to the sport are very welcomed at the Volvo China Open.
- To ensure optimum enjoyment, spectators are asked to follow the following guidelines so that the Volvo China Open experience will be unrivalled for pleasure, excitement and drama.
- Experienced golf fans will know the ropes when it comes to watching; so for the benefit of the many newcomers expected to attend, here is some advice and information:
- Always wear strong, comfortable shoes on course. Bring some warm and waterproof clothing with you in case of rain. Bring and use sun-block when appropriate;
- High heel shoes are prohibited on the golf course;
- Please get the draw sheet and golf course layout map at the entrance. It will help you to get around the golf course and to locate a player you want to watch.
- Observe the instructions of marshals and stewards
- No loud talking, No noise making, Walk – never run on the golf course. Respect the ‘Quiet Please’ signs when raised.
- For your personal safety, please exercise due care at all time.
- Except for authorized photographers (who know how to photograph the action), spectators’ use of cameras is strictly prohibited on tournament days. The unexpected sudden flash and noise can surprise a player and cause him to play a bad shot.
- Likewise, cell phones, beepers and other electronic devices are strictly prohibited on the golf course at all times.
- Always remain outside the spectator ropes.
- Keep the golf course clean. No littering since TV pictures are beamed around the world.
- Only ask for autographs after the player has finished scoring after his round.